Image Map

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sugarbaker surgery article

This article is totally graphic.  The article is highlighting Dr. Paul Sugarbaker and the surgery he has basically created HIPEC, also called Sugarbaker technique. I've mentioned this surgery many times in other blog posts because this is how PMP is treated.  I am very optimistic that I won't need this surgery (though I am willing to do anything to save me life).  The article is just so interesting I had to share.  Please keep in mind that Laurie King, the patient in the article has colon cancer so the statistics in the beginning of the article don't really relate to appendix cancer or PMP.  I think Dr. Sugarbaker sounds like a truly great man. 


http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/surgeon-performs-controversial-cancer-surgery-named-after-him/2012/11/25/c8ad7ab8-29da-11e2-bab2-eda299503684_story.html

0 comments :

Post a Comment