Image Map

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Dare I ask for more prayers?

The good news is I haven't completely panicked. The bad news is something is going on in my abdomen. Like an infection of sorts. Not on the incision but IN my belly. Last night when I was in bed I felt some soreness in my groin area (like bikini line) and when I pushed it, 1. It hurt! And 2. I felt a nodule of sorts.  Of course the first thought was OMG the cancer has spread to my lymph nodes and now they are swollen......... I calmed myself down and started making phone calls this morning. Luckily I got an appointment with my previous ( and totally awesome) internal medicine Dr.  I also spoke to the GI clinic at moffitt. They told me they were leaning towards an infection but to let them know what my Dr said.   Dr Neri felt on my belly and on the area of concern and she immediately felt 3-4 inflammed lymph nodes. (insert silent mental freak out here) she said she thought it was an infection of my abdominal wall/tissue and also told me I needed a CT scan. (this was like having salt rubbed all over an open wound because I believe if I had see her in April 2011 instead of trying out a new, closer primary care dr, she would have ordered a CT based on my symptoms and this would have been caught way earlier)  I immediately protested the CT scan. I mean is that necessary?? I just had one. Simmer down on the radiation PLEASE!! She gave me two antibiotics (which I'm waiting to be filled as we speak, sitting in the publix parking lot. Typing this on my iPhone. Excuse typos and auocorrects) I called moffitt and left voicemails for everyone at the GI clinic pleading for an appointment tomorrow. I'd be lying If I said I wasn't terrified. Luckily the PA called me back and Dr Hodul will see me tomorrow at 130. They told me pain is good. Cancer lymph modes dont typically cause pain, pain means infection. Great but infections can suck too. Dr Neri was impressed that I caught it. I have no fever, just fatigue.  So I wait for tomorrow.
Dr neri is also going to help me get intoMD Anderson. You need a referral and she's willing to make the calls.  Hopefully this will lead to my first second opinion on the mucin (PmP) in my belly.

I decided to buy two scratch off lottery tickets while I wait since I must have odds of getting the impossible BUT I didn't even win a new ticket. Serves me right I guess.

Please pray for tolerable news tomorrow.  Nothing too complicated and definitely nothing related to cancer.


0 comments :

Post a Comment