Image Map

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Light

The morning of my surgery Sean and I lit a candle that was given to us by our dear friend Melissa. The candle is supposed to show us that God is capable of miracles and the he is with us always. So, of course Sean and I lit it. We'll take it ;) we said a prayer, lit the candle and off we went at 5:45 am to begin this surgical journey.
Of course by reading the blog you know how the week went so just fast forward to Sunday evening. I had been home from the hospital for a few hours. Sean came downstairs after putting the kids to bed and as we stood in the kitchen, the candle that was STILL flickering away (7 days later!) went out. The flame burned the entire week I was in the hospital.
I can't help but truly feel protected.
As I wait for the pathology results I have to believe that everything is going to be ok. Physically, my body has been beat up a bit. Emotionally I've been a litte wobbly but I can feel my body and mind getting stronger everyday.

0 comments :

Post a Comment