Image Map

Monday, February 4, 2013

Dr. Sugarbaker has spoken.

 I am back at work so the mornings are very busy again. Once I got the kiddos to school and started making progress with work stuff,  I randomly decided to call Dr. Sugarbaker to see if he had reviewed my medical records.  His wife Ilse is the gate keeper/office manager/etc. so she is who I spoke to.  (I have spoken to her 2 other times as well)  Today she knew exactly who I was when I told her my name. Our converstion went something like this:
Ilse "Dr. S very carefully looked over your medical records and he was unimpressed.  He feels you do not need HIPEC at this time and that it would be like finding a needle in a haystack if there's even a needle at all"
Me: "Really? you just made my day"
Ilse: "I think I just made your week"
Me: "You are correct"
Isle: "Dr. S says you should have quarterly blood tests and semiannual CAT scans to monitor the disease and make sure it is caught early if it progresses"

This is amazing news. Of course it makes things complicated.  I was told by my dad that getting 3 opinions will be difficult.  He's correct.  Who do you listen to?  2 out of 3 say wait and watch.  1 says do the HIPEC now and be cured (90%).  I will say that Dr. Sugarbaker's opinion weighs very heavily in my decision.  I still want to meet with Dr. Sardi to find out why he feels now is necessary.  The weight lifted off my shoulders is huge. I know I'm not out of the woods for sure.  But I'm going to live my life like I am (or try to) and try to just think about this only when I have to.

I am thankful for all of the prayers I have received.  I find it helpful when I know exactly what to pray for when someone else needs prayers so I have a specific prayer request.  Please pray that nothing with these cells ever changes or grows but if it does, we catch it early and it is still curable.
Thank you :)




0 comments :

Post a Comment