Image Map

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Reflect

As I say good-bye to 2013 I can't help but be blown away by how different my life is.  I've decided to stay in tonight to literally reflect on not just this past year but my life in general.  One of my best friends is coming over and we'll cook, laugh and give thanks to where we each are in our own journey.  

One of my favorite sayings is "Life, You're so funny".  We make all these plans, as if we know what's best and then life happens.  I've said it before.... NEVER did I think I'd be where I am today.  However, I am happier than I've ever been.   We are in charge of how we feel, our perception on life and how we live our life.  No one has to be unhappy.  No one needs to complain about their circumstance.  We control how we move forward in the life that is given to us.

Some people think getting cancer was a gift. I don't think of cancer as a gift, it was actually horrible and I wish it never happened but it did and I am at least thankful I learned the lessons having cancer can teach. I have learned that every second of life is a gift; One that can be taken away in seconds.  I've learned that the things that a lot of people think matter (like a clean house, expensive cars and handbags) don't matter at all.  They're nice but they don't matter.  Being able to kiss our loved ones and tell them that we love them is what matters.   Actually appreciating this amazing and beautiful world we live in matters. Being with friends, laughter, holding our children... all those things matter.   One of my favorite things these days is during my run, when I'm sweating and my heart is beating fast, looking out at the water and the sky and feeling the sun on my skin and I literally feel alive....  It's incredible.

The one thing I can offer is make 2014 full of life.  Live each day.  Do things that make you happy.  Stop and enjoy.  Life goes by too quickly.

LIFE Is for LIVING.  Remember that.

Happy New Year and cheers to an amazing 2014.


0 comments :

Post a Comment