Image Map

Friday, November 30, 2012

Surgery and Sneezes

I heard from the surgeon's office today.  Surgery is scheduled for 12/10/12 at 8:15AM.  I have my anesthesiologist appointment on Monday afternoon.  I hope they can answer all of my questions.  Even though the surgery I had on 11/13/12 was pretty easy, I'm pretty nervous.  I get a little squirmy about the breathing tube.  And of course thinking about the incision makes me cringe.  I am completely over having the big scar, I just don't like thinking about having a big ole "boo boo".  I'm afraid I will come out of surgery in SO much pain.  I guess that's what they make the good stuff for.  I have an option of getting an epidural before the surgery so I don't wake up in pain.  I can even keep it in for a few days.  I'm just concerned that for every thing I do, there are additional risks and potential side effects.  Sigh.

I've had a cold creeping up on me since Tuesday.  I officially feel terrible.  I think the stress and weight loss made my immune system take a nose dive.  I'm just going to take it easy this weekend and pray it goes away soon.  As scary as the surgery is, I don't want to have to postpone it. I just want it over with so I can heal and move on from this nightmare. 
Have a great weekend :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment